Sunday, August 10, 2008

Green Eggs and No Hamm


The Hamm brothers aren't in the Olympics. I'll miss the kids with the monk haircuts. They weren't great at anything , but were steady performers. Their skills will be missed. It's hard to get into the games when the weather is so great. I prefer winter games because the weather keeps me inside and after working outside all day , I have no problem building a fire and watching tv.
The records being broken in swimming bother me. When Mark Spitz trained , they all didn't wear goggles and due to all the chlorine , they could only train a couple of hours per day in the pool. With the suits designed by NASA and goggles training can be endless. These developments in technology have greatly changed my interest in the Olympics. I actually have a pair of speedos that were signed by Spitz that I wore in my high school years. What a scary thought to wear them today at the YMCA. Talk about a stampede of people leaving the pool--------
Blessings
Steg

No comments: