Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Be a Man

Today, while shopping at Kroger, I witnessed a pitiful site. A woman in line with her husband was belittling, cursing, and slapping her husband in the face. The words coming out of this woman's mouth were enough to make this construction worker of 30 years blush. The dude just wimpered back at her physical abusiveness.
Grow a pair dude.
I'm not saying to retaliate, but take control of the situation by diffusing it and take it elsewhere.
Onlookers were laughing as well as getting scared.
I'm not a caveman, but a man can stand up to his wife showing understanding, compassion, and concern wile gaining control of a situation. What did I do you ask? I said "excuse me , I'm really pressed for time, is there any way I could go ahead of you in line?" The woman came back to reality and was very polite and stepped aside as I went to the counter. I think she was just on a roll with the old man. I thanked the dude as I left ,trying to include him, but he was too shy or embarassed to talk.
Step up guys , work things out using your minds and not your fists. I believe by sitting there taking it like this dude, anger builds up until a person erupts in physical violence.


Blessings
Steg

No comments: