Monday, November 17, 2008

And the Winner Is?


I've been in contention with this opponent for over 30 years. We've fought and struggled over the years, but I've always managed to maintain the upper hand. He's always been stubborn when confronted by me. He seems to always refuse to comply with my demands of him.
On a Sunday morning a couple of weeks ago, I had my final run in with this character. I had just completed putting a cote of oil based polyeurothane on a hardwood floor . As I stepped outside to get some fresh air, I saw him sitting idle right next to the ladder sitting on top of my truck. I approached him ,grabbed him pulling him close to me. That is when he struck, out of nowhere. He got me with one quick shot to the forehead and just barely missed my eye with his mean hook.
That Bungee Cord knocked me goofy. Sometimes in life we just need to slow down. It's amazing how God brings things back in perspective.I took this as a warning/wake up call. He could have easily taken my teeth or my eye, but the stitches and throbbing head I've had for the past 2 weeks has been a wake up call for me.
Lesson learned.
Blessings,
Steg

1 comment:

j steg said...

you should make the picture bigger.