Wednesday, August 5, 2009

80


This past week my father reached the 80 years old milestone. He took me to my first baseball practice. He converted to catholicism so he could help coach my football team.He went to all my basketball practices and never missed a track meet. I realize how lucky I am to have a father able to make it to all my sporting events, banquets,graduations and vacations.
We would take the motorcycles to Florida and cruise Daytona. We went to car races both nascar and indy. We went to time trials and at one time he owned a small share of an indy car.
After I grew up, he went to all 3 kids games and graduations. There is much to be learned from a man of 80 years.There are times in my life(at 53) that I don't have a clue. Hopefully I am growing wiser as I age. So if you see the old man around tell him "Happy 80". He's a good one.

Blessings
Steg