Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Transportation


When I lost my job 3 months ago, the thing that hit me the hardest was the loss of the company truck that I drove like my own. Suddenly I was stuck at home, while Lori took the car to work. I felt like I was trapped at home. I've been very busy working around the house doing things that I ignored for the past 25 years or so. My 26 year old motorcycle and my 10 year old bike became my main source of transportation.I now think twice before I leave the house. Before I didn't even think when jumping in the truck and driving somewhere. Now I plan better and focus better and don't waste time driving around aimlessly. It has actually saved me money on extra car insurance, gas, and forced me to become more efficient working with what I have. My faith has improved also since my layoff, looking to God in prayer and giving up my worries to him.Having alone time has really been a blessing without the stresses of a job. I'm praying regularly and starting listening alot more to those around me. It is amazing how much we take for granted in the hustle and bustle of everyday lfe. Sometimes God forces the slowdown in our lives. Mine just happened to be a layoff.I'm at piece now with not having a vehicle at my side. My 2 wheelers seem to be working just fine until I get another job.Getting to the store while its raining will just have to wait until the boss gets home from work. Gotta go-now I'm behind on my honey-do list

Later,
Steg

1 comment:

ylmurph said...

I can imagine you riding on one of those two...

I think it's the fanny pack on the back that has me flummoxed.