Sunday, July 20, 2008


As I was babysitting my granddaughter today at church, I thought about all the things I was willing to do (and did) for my 3 kids while they were growing up. Whether that was confronting a teacher, coach, another parent or neighbor to protect my children, I was always up to the challenge. Now, many years later with grandchildren , I believe after growing up with my children, I am even more prepared to help out.
Now about the pic. On our vacations, we love to hike. We have hiked in Yellowstone, Montana, British Columbia, Yosemite, The Tetons, Alaska and many more. I dream about bears. We have seen so many that I constantly overanalyze what I would do during a bear encounter. I often wondered, while being all alone with the fam in the woods how I would react. I always had a plan--as long as I could outrun 1 person in my family all was good--just joking.
The point being-I would do anything to protect my family. WTH--why the bold print?
As I grow in my faith, I will continue to do more and more for others.Maybe in 5 years or so I'll even swim out and save a bear in distress

No comments: