Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Game Face (Repost)




Game Face
I don't know about you ,but I have a very hard time adjusting from work to family life. At work ,I am a supervisor to numerous construction trades,enforcing contracts,scheduling,meeting with owners,etc. Put quite simply,whatever happens on a construction job ,it is my responsibility.This applies to profit margins,scheduling delays or acceleration of the project as well as code enforcement,quality control,and general babysitting of the workers.

I hear all the problems--salary disputes,alimony troubles,kid troubles,debt problems,wife problems,employment problems.,to name a few. When I step into my car every morning the game face goes on. No more Mr. nice guy.I tackle and deal with the problems head on.There's no time for friendly chit chat. The schedules today are crazy. Everybody wants things done overnight.

So at the end of each day,I have a hard time going home pulling in the driveway,taking off the game face, and stepping into everyday life.My wife and family have been very supportive over the past 25+ years. I pray that God gives me the strength and patience to juggle the game faces until retirement comes.I just want to be a loving father, husband and grandfather.
Any Advice?

Blessings
Steg

No comments: